Time: 1 hour
300g of potatoes
1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
½ tsp. of mustard seeds
¼ tsp. turmeric
The Clay Oven Bakery naan bread
- Dice and boil the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and cover pan (as seeds will spit).
- Remove the pan from the heat once the seeds stop spitting. Add the boiled potatoes and turmeric. Stir well and warm through.
- Warm the naan for 30 seconds under a medium/hot grill.
- Cut the naan in half, fill each half with potato and top with raita.
For the raita
Half a cucumber
225ml of natural yogurt
Pinch of salt
Pinch of roasted cumin powder
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
1 tbsp. chopped mint
- Peel and grate the cucumber.
- Add the natural yogurt, salt, roasted cumin powder, coriander and mint.
- Mix all ingredients together and keep cool.