Time: 1 hour
2 red onions
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 chicken fillets, cut into cubes
½ fresh lemon, squeezed
½ tsp. freshly ground green chilies
1 tsp. ground garlic
Salt to taste
Fresh, green salad
The Clay Oven Bakery naan bread
- Soak four wooden skewers in a large tray with cold water for 20 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken fillets in the lemon juice, green chilies, ground garlic, salt and 1 tbsp. of oil. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Chop the onions into quarters.
- Deseed and remove pith from the peppers and cut them into cubes similar to the size of the chicken cubes.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables alternately on the skewers.
- Heat up the rest of the oil in a griddle pan. When hot, cook the chicken kebabs on a medium heat until the chicken is cooked through – this should take around 20 minutes.
- Serve the kebabs on your favourite Clay Oven Bakery naan bread with the salad.